How To Make A Boomerang
While Boomerangs are widely considered to be Instagram’s response to GIFs, Boomerangs differ from GIFs in a variety of ways. Boomerangs are high-quality mini videos created by quickly snapping up to 20 frames, which Boomerang then stitches together in a sequence that plays back and forth in a loop.
Create a Boomerang of your own by downloading the Boomerang app or creating it directly through Instagram when creating an Instagram Story. When sharing through the app, your Boomerang will save as an MV4 file, which you can upload to Instagram and Facebook or on other websites like Snapchat and Tumblr.
Follow These Tips
- Keep It Simple: The beauty of Boomerangs is that they don’t have to be elaborate! While GIFs thrive as how-to’s and step-by-steps, even the simplest motion can become an entrancing Boomerang.
- Start and End in Different Positions: Since Boomerangs play in a loop, you should finish your video is a different spot than you started. Release the shutter button at the height of your action for maximum effect. Decide ahead of time which action you want to capture, and highlight that!
- Give It a Few Tries: Since the timing of your Boomerang needs to be spot on for best results, shoot a few takes. You may find that your third or fourth attempt is the best one!
- Use Boomerang’s Secret Settings: After you’ve downloaded the Boomerang app, unlock its secret setting by tapping the screen quickly with four fingers. The secret settings menu allows you to adjust video resolution, frame count, frame rate, and how the Boomerang repeats.
- When Sharing to Your Instagram Story:In addition to creating Boomerangs directly through Instagram Stories, you can also convert a live photo taken in the last 24 hours into a Boomerang in Stories, too! You can do it by selecting the “Normal” camera screen in Stories, swiping up to select your recent photos, and selecting the photo you want to use. After pressing down on the screen, a small circle and the word “Boomerang” will appear.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to your program Brand Success Manager or the Influencer Success Team at email@example.com.